Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blog #1-Chapter 1

"I want to live in a place where I can hold my head up." -page 10

When I read this, I realized how some people are treated so differently than others. Some people are treated more superior, even if there isn't a reason for that. So Abba decided that instead of being kicked out of the country, he would rather just leave by himself. I think that he did this for the well being of the family, and that they will not regret it. He wants to be able to keep his head up and live normally without always being worried. 

5 comments:

  1. You have some pretty good thoughts Puja! I love the quote you chose. Do you think you could connect it to your life somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great,
    Short and Sweet. I also like the phrase. When you can put your head up you feel so much better about yourself. You feel like you can do something worth while in life! I also like your response. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I too, didn't realize that some people are treated so differently in our country because of their race. I felt very bad because after 9/11, many Iranians were kicked out of the country. Hopefully the government did the right thing... Keeping your head up is very important. Hopefully Abba's family will find a place in life where they can keept their heads up. -Falcon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote! I really liked how you put so many opinions in. -Zucky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think they'll be able to live 'without worry' in Canada? Or will their troubles continue?

    ReplyDelete