Monday, March 2, 2009

Blog #3-Chapter 5

"Sometimes I wish I could lift out of myself and do something that really counts" -page 41

I think that Nadira is being too harsh on herself. She wants to try to live up to Aisha's standard, but I think Nadira should focus on being herself. There is really no reason she should want to lift out of herself. I think that Nadira's self-confidence might have gone down when Ma talked to her on the phone. Ma told Nadira that she was very patient and sweet, and thanked God for giving her such a patient daughter. I think that although Nadira was pleased that Ma said a few nice things, she wanted Ma to compliment her on something bigger, something that counted in her opinion. That might be why she wants to do something that counts. 

What I'm curious to know is what Nadira's definition of "something that really counts" is...I think she is doing something that really counts. She is helping out her family in times of need and she is helping others along the way. I think that Nadira is actually doing something that really does count, but she just hasn't realized it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment