Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blog #4-Chapter 6

""What are you talking about Aisha?" I whisper hotly. "You and your little perfect scores and your perfect this and that? Who cares if you're valedictorian? You're not going to college! You're not going anywhere!"" -page 52

Wow! Nadira finally spoke up to her sister!! She totally came out of her shell there! I had no idea she would be able to talk to her sister like that. Nadira was quiet while she heard her sister talking to her friends about college and her nomination for valedictorian. Then, all of a sudden, Nadira starts talking poorly of Aisha. I did not think Nadira had it in her to say such things to anyone, especially not Aisha. And the thing was that at the end of this, she said that she liked it. That made me happy! Nadira finally has some confidence! Even though I'm proud of Nadira for finally speaking up, I'm kinda stuck in the middle....was it good for Nadira to speak up for herself or is what she said very rude and disrespectful to Aisha?? What do you guys think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment